An electric shock is not necessarily an example of a failure of a capacitor. A capacitor is a device that stores electrical energy, and when charged, it can release this energy in the form of an electric current. If a capacitor is used in an electrical circuit and it is not functioning properly, it may cause an electric shock. However, an electric shock can also be caused by other factors, such as a malfunctioning electrical device or an electrical short circuit. It is important to use caution when working with electricity and to follow proper safety guidelines to avoid electric shock.